- Preheat the oven to 350F and start warming up 2 tbsp of olive oil in your skillet.
- Add 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped) to the skillet and cook until translucent.
- Add 6 minced garlic cloves & 2 tsp of smoked paprika, along with 15 ounces of diced tomatoes (canned), and cook for a couple of minutes before stirring in 2 cups of brown rice.
- Stir everything together and add 15 ounces of canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed), 3 cups of vegetable broth, ⅓ cup of dry white wine, ½ tsp of saffron (for even better results, you could also use ready-made paella seasoning), and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, cover the skillet and transfer it to your oven (lower rack). Leave in until the rice is cooked (approximately 55 minutes).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and combine 14 ounces of artichokes, 2 red bell peppers cut into strips, ½ cup of olives (preferably Kalamata) pitted & halved, with 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Bake for 45 minutes. Toss in ¼ cup of parsley and 2 tbsp of lemon juice once the roasted veggies have cooled down.
When the rice is ready, add roasted vegetables and ½ cup of frozen peas on top, cover the skillet and let everything sit for a few minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and some additional parsley if needed & enjoy!