Orders with non-perishables items
Over $69: Free shipping
Under $69: Shipping is $6.99.
Orders with perishables items
Flat-rate perishable shipping at only $19.99.
Orders with non-perishable & perishable items
Same as orders with perishable items only
Idli is a spongy South Indian street snack. It is light and airy, made with bean flour and rice flour. Idli is today one of the most popular snacks in India and over the years has inspired many variants. From the oversized idlis to mini idlis to idlis steamed in leaves, idlis has become Indian household's favorite. Idli is believed to have been created by the chefs of Hindu kings who ruled over parts of modern-day India.
Deep Foods started in America when Mrs. Bhagwati Amin introduced her Gujarati treats to her local community. After receiving much interest in the Indian foods, the Amins set out to bring the best Indian cuisines to America.
People enjoy these idli steamed balls with tamarind chutney, as an appetizer or quick snack. This box makes 26 idli!
To make idli:
1. Simply pour about 2 3/4 cups (650mL) of lukewarm water into the idli mix and blend it into a smooth batter. Set it aside for a minimum of 15 minutes.
2. Grease idli mold or muffin pan with oil. Gently stir and pour 2 tbsp of batter into each pocket.
3. Steam cook idlis on high heat for 15 minutes.
4. Serve idlis warm with coconut chutney or sambhar.
- Ingredients: Rice flour, matpe beans flour (Urad Dal), salt, citric acid, sodium bicarbonate
- Product Weight: 14.1 oz (400 g)
- Product of India
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.